NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Coiled ST4 cable

They do exist but pretty rare in UK I think, I have seen a few on US sites, like This One

I personally would not think they are an ideal option as they have quite a tug on them as they extend so may cause some flexure on the camera as they get extended and of course there is only a small lug holding the plug in the camera or mount so if not inserted correctly could pull a plug out with the spring in the cable as they extend.

Just some thoughts, I might be over thinking the issue.

Steve

I found a curly RJ12 cable on Amazon but I think it’s designed for phone handsets and wasn’t sure it was the correct cable. How do people deal with long dangling cables from the guide scope to the mount? It needs to be long enough to reach all positions but not too long to get in the way

One option is to get a replacement microphone cable for a Yaesu amateur radio, as it's got a RJ12 on one end. You then can cut off the other end and use a crimping tool and a new RJ12 plug on the other end. 

It's quite cheap to do. If you can't do it then someone on the forum would be happy to help, I'm sure. 😉

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-Microphones-Mic-Cable-Cord-Wire-for-Yaesu-MH48A-FT7800-1907DD-TY-TM-/334001949175?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

• 3 weeks later...

If you can see the colours are straight (i.e. in the same order both ends) from one connector to the other then any RJ12 straight cable bought online should work.

Edited by DhamR
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DhamR said:

If you can see the colours are straight (i.e. in the same order both ends) from one connector to the other than any RJ12 straight cable bought online should work.

That’s great thanks. I might give it a go

• Like 1