NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Bodgers...

powerlord

On 31/01/2022 at 12:43, powerlord said:

I explained to him what posidrive was and yeh, philips will slip, cause its not a philips screw head... which was apparently completely new information to him..

😂 It’s very subtle but this might have come in handy!

@Andy ES. Yes agree absolutely using philips/pozi tools in the right place is vital.
Though not helped when some stuff from China seems to use phizi or pozips screws.🤔
Well none of my screwdrivers fit so I swap the screws for known good product.🤣
Or should I buy some of the cheap 'unspecified crosspoint' screwdrivers. Those that erode to be a pointed stick if used on anything harder than butter.😁

@johninderby. I have a few Robertson bits in multi-screwdrivers and hex bit sets.
Can't remember though when I last used one on equipment or machinery. Or was offered the fasteners as a buying choice.

• Haha 1

Robertson is pretty well only found in Canada where itwas used mainly on cars. Drove Americans mad when they couldn’t change a light bulb beause they couldn't unscrew the cover. 😁

Edited by johninderby

22 hours ago, johninderby said:

Many in the UK are baffled by the good old Robertson screw. 😁

And yes I do own a couple of Robertson screwdrivers. 

423FC381-636B-4E8A-91DE-6F8EC38C7EB8.jpeg

You live & learn, I'd never heard of them! Certainly never seen one in the wild.