Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing report - 5th March

mdstuart

First out with the bins 15 x 70 to look at Venus, fine bright white crescent visible clearly in the bins. looked about 2mm accross...

Then out with the 10 inch. Saturn had titan on one side and three months on the other. Rhea, Thethys and for me the first time..Dione (about the size of the UK I understand)...

So to deepsky...with a half moon...what will I see...

Decided to look around Leo...

NGC 2903 easy to see but faint..

Lets try some of the easier ones. Yes M65 and 66 are lovely and bright but what about NGC3628 in this scope...Yes after much checking its there but extremely faint...

So on to M105 yes bright and round and also NGC 3385 which also looks much the same as M105. I could not see NGC 3389...

Checked M95 and M96. M95 was the fainter of the two...

Finally I thought I would try something new...NGC 3607/8. Yes easy enough to locate, lovely pair of balls of light....:lol:

So now frozen and time to go in....

A ten inch will do mag 13 stars and reasonable performance on brighter galaxies even with a half moon...

Great evening..

Mark

Archived