Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M78

astro mick

Last monday night the sky cleared around midnight,not perfectly but enough to tempt me out.Orion was due South so thought i would have ago at M78.

This is a Reflection Nebulae,and is full of dust.The forecast gave 2hrs before the clouds returned,and they return they did.Using my ED102 and Atik 460ex i took 6x 600 secs in Red,and 6x 600 secs in Blue.No Green and no Luminance.

I know there is a lot more Dust surrounding the Nebulae,but it would need many more subs to do it justice.I rarely return to an object for more than  two nights,because they are often weeks apart,and moving West which is blocked for me.

Calibrated as usual.

Mick.

M78A.png

• Like 14

12 hours ago, Ceph said:

A dark sky helps with the dust helps, I suffers from some light pollution and will never get the dusts, hopes you have a better site and will get what you wants :)

Thanks Ceph,totally agree.Weather has been awrful here,how about you.

Mick.

7 hours ago, alan potts said:

That's rather lovely, feel given more clear sky this has more to offer in the darker areas Mick.

Alan

Hi Alan thanks.Yes i agree i know the dust is there.It is a lovely object to image though.

Mick.

• Like 1