NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Go Webb!

Curly Claire

James Webb...........speechless!ย 

I've had sleepless nights about this day!

I've been beyond excited! ๐ŸŽ‰ Now let's hope everything goes to plan! ๐Ÿคž

GO WEBB!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ”ญ

Oh......and Merry Christmas! ๐ŸŽ…โ›„๐ŸŽ„

• Like 6

I watched the launch on my phone as I was cooking the Christmas dinner, nearly burnt the pigs in blankets as a resultย ๐Ÿ˜‚

Seriously like you I was so worried about something going wrong on the launch, but it was perfecto.ย 

• Like 1

Hi Claire, I watched the launch on tenterhooks too, but the rocket performed flawlessly. the next 30 days are full of risks (probably more risky than the launch) but the good news is I can't stay anxious that long! I feel for the engineers and scientists working on the project and I hope it will all work out in the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bomberbaz said:

I watched the launch on my phone as I was cooking the Christmas dinner, nearly burnt the pigs in blankets as a resultย ๐Ÿ˜‚

Seriously like you I was so worried about something going wrong on the launch, but it was perfecto.ย 

Couldn't have gone any better! ๐Ÿ˜ So very relieved!

1 hour ago, Ags said:

Hi Claire, I watched the launch on tenterhooks too, but the rocket performed flawlessly. the next 30 days are full of risks (probably more risky than the launch) but the good news is I can't stay anxious that long! I feel for the engineers and scientists working on the project and I hope it will all work out in the end.

I've everything crossed! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

It really was a textbook launch. So pleased for all the Ariane engineers who keep getting dissed because they are not as cool as SpaceX. The Ariane 5 a hugely reliable and important workhorse launch vehicle, which they should be proud of. Well done chaps and chapesses! I love the way it leapt off the pad once the SRBs ignited!

Off to a great start, letโ€™s keep fingers crossed it carries on like this until full deployment ๐Ÿ‘.

• Like 3

I was surprised to see many negative comments online about the use of Ariane. But in reality it is the most reliable launch vehicle in service; it was designed to launch crewed flight after all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stu said:

It really was a textbook launch. So pleased for all the Ariane engineers who keep getting dissed because they are not as cool as SpaceX. The Ariane 5 a hugely reliable and important workhorse launch vehicle, which they should be proud of. Well done chaps and chapesses! I love the way it leapt off the pad once the SRBs ignited!

Off to a great start, letโ€™s keep fingers crossed it carries on like this until full deployment ๐Ÿ‘.

First correctional burn has gone well! ๐Ÿ˜ย  Looking good so far!ย 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ags said:

I was surprised to see many negative comments online about the use of Ariane. But in reality it is the most reliable launch vehicle in service; it was designed to launch crewed flight after all.

I read this morning they didn't use full rocket power either so they could control James Webb better as ut can't slow down! ๐Ÿš€