NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Decent spotting scope for terrestrial use

56 minutes ago, CCD-Freak said:

I like to use my AT60ED for terrestrial viewing with a 45 degree erect image diagonal.  The little scope is quite compact and has a very smooth focuser and crisp optics.   The AT60ED is often referred to at the "Tiny titan" I also use it for wide field imaging with the optional field flattener.  

AT60ED-mini scope.JPG

AT60ED on AP900.JPG

Are you sure you didn't undermount that AT60ED just a bit? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks again to everyone for your input. I'm thinking that the telescope idea would be a little cumbersome and may result in lack of use. Leaning towards one of these at the moment with a good camera tripod  https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p7960_TS-Optics-Optics-Spektiv-Final-100-F-ED-Objektiv---22-67-x100-mm.html

1 hour ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks again to everyone for your input. I'm thinking that the telescope idea would be a little cumbersome and may result in lack of use. Leaning towards one of these at the moment with a good camera tripod  https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p7960_TS-Optics-Optics-Spektiv-Final-100-F-ED-Objektiv---22-67-x100-mm.html

Optics aside as I know nothing about the scope, if you want something thats is going to be lifted and used, and survive a bit of rain and trips in the car, and salty air, I think one of these probably fits your original brief a little better than a regular scope.

• Thanks 1