Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Deep Sky since returning to astro

Peter Reader

Skywatcher 200P, EQ6-R and Canon 1000D astro mod (new to me, thanks @skitmon). First time using Sequence Generator Pro.

Haven't got guide cam yet so was unguided.

Orion: 5 x 1 min lights + 5 x 1 min darks

Andromeda: 18 x 1 min lights + 5 x 1 min darks

Deep Sky Stacker to stack.

Any tips on processing? Orion was over the town and probably siffering from LP or low number of frames stacked...

andromeda 11dec21.png

orion 11dec21.png

• Like 7

Both of these have a high dynamic range , so various exposure times and blending in those areas to give a pleasing image.. So once you're guiding you can use the long exposures to bring out the subtle details along with the short subs that dont over exposure the bright areas  and then blend them together... both those targets aren't as easy as they look because of this, 

Nice images, just need more integration time 

Edited by newbie alert
Added info

Good first images, you should be very happy with these. Once you have guiding sorted you can add some longer exposures to bring out more of the details around each target. I would also suggest lots of shorter exposures as they are very bright targets. Plus LOTS more data. I would be aiming for 2 or 3 hours of total data on each target, minimum.

Phil