Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AZ-GTI Platesolve Issue

Hi! I have an AZ-GTI using Synscan app on Windows to control, and Sharpcap for PA, and platesolving. When I Goto a target in the East and platesolve in SC, it searches, finds the correct co-ordinates and moves the mount. If i try in the West, it searches, finds co-ordinates, says it has moved the mount, but actually doesn't move it. If I take a snapshot and platesolve and then use DeepSky Annotation in ASTAP, my target is off the edge of the screen. Anyone have any ideas why this might be? For now I am just imaging in the East, at least I can get something! Thanks

I have the az gti mount but don't use synscan or windows, I use my asiair pro to PA & plate solve in EQ mode. How is your set up is it alt az or eq mode and which firmware are you running on the mount, also how are you powering the mount. I can't offer any advice on the reason why yours is not aligning in the west but I think some one will be able to help with more info. 

Edited by AstroNebulee