Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using Hitec Astro Weather Deluxe to close shutter?

tooth_dr

I recently bought a Hitec Astro Weather Deluxe, and I thought I could set it up to close the observatory shutter on detection of rain.  Is this possible?  I'm using POTH to control the dome via the Shelyak Drivers, and Sequence Generator Pro.    At the minute I cant see how to do this.

Many thanks

Adam.

6 hours ago, skybadger said:

Does sgp support the ascom observing conditions interface ? That would be my route. 

Thanks for the reply Mike.

I've attached a screen shot from SGP, it does have the observing conditions interface under 'environment'.  It lists the HitecAstro Weather Deluxe separately under 'safety'.

image.thumb.png.1a19c6176958f279853ca23251c54b98.png

image.thumb.png.5ca13a458f46632eebbb7f8127952d32.png

As a safety monitor it will trigger an end of sequence action, so depending on what you have set for your dome that is what will happen, dome has to be synced to the mount first for it to work! I have a roll of roof so my end of sequence actions are close roof, park mount, warm up camera.

2 minutes ago, martin_h said:

As a safety monitor it will trigger an end of sequence action, so depending on what you have set for your dome that is what will happen, dome has to be synced to the mount first for it to work! I have a roll of roof so my end of sequence actions are close roof, park mount, warm up camera.

Cheers Martin

My dome and mount both work off POTH so are always in sync.  I cannot work out how to set up the actions like ‘close dome’ and how to recover a sequence. It’s probably me just being stupid. 

under the equipment profile tab select - telescope and tick "park telescope when sequence completes"

profile.PNG.0460dba0941f6d709d04ce68c644304e.PNG

Then under the "other" tab select  observatory ad hit slave settings - slave on sequence start ad mount park closes roof (shutter)

obs.PNG.d17307fd46b0fed8e620e2b86e0117a0.PNG

For the restart when safe.. you need sequence generator options/ sequence options ad tick the restart when safe box

restsrt.PNG.376e06a1a6e1444a8147ac92f1e8165b.PNG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, martin_h said:

under the equipment profile tab select - telescope and tick "park telescope when sequence completes"

profile.PNG.0460dba0941f6d709d04ce68c644304e.PNG

Then under the "other" tab select  observatory ad hit slave settings - slave on sequence start ad mount park closes roof (shutter)

obs.PNG.d17307fd46b0fed8e620e2b86e0117a0.PNG

For the restart when safe.. you need sequence generator options/ sequence options ad tick the restart when safe box

restsrt.PNG.376e06a1a6e1444a8147ac92f1e8165b.PNG

Thank you Martin for taking time to explain this. I’ll give it a test run later. 

@martin_h Many thanks again for this. I spent a couple of hours out in the dome this evening. Using your guide I was able to get the shutter to close when UNSAFE was detected, followed by the mount and dome both parking. When conditions became SAFE (I initiated this myself by changing the detection level to cycle between SAFE and UNSAFE conditions in the cloud/rain sensor) after 5 minutes (chosen in SGPro) it opened the shutter, unparked the mount and slew to the target. Unfortunately the dome didn’t move. I checked in the POTH dialogue box - the ‘slave’ button remained unchecked. I know that when you park the mount it automatically unchecks this box - SGPro doesn’t seem to be turning it on again.

I was ran out of time to continue on trying things out but tomorrow I was going to try leaving the ‘park observatory with mount’ box unchecked - my thinking is that the dome will just follow the mount to the mount park position and ‘track’ it (albeit the dome will remain stationary) so when the mount moves again the dome is ready to go.

Anyway I really appreciate the help and wound have been stuck without it. 

Adam. 

4B88BE03-4B2A-4747-9954-8FD6007FC8E1.jpeg

Edited by tooth_dr