Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SkySafari Pro 7

IB20

1 hour ago, Zermelo said:

Does anyone know if V7 has fixed the annoyance that there's no easy way to differentiate objects that you've previously observed from those that you haven't? (the ticks against objects in the observing lists mean that you have observed those objects as part of that observing list, so the absence of a tick doesn't mean that you've not observed it previously, from a different list)

It looks like the lists are still separate eg you can have the same object ticked against one list but not in another.

You can check the object itself and see all the observations against it though either in lists or just in observing sessions, so can see if you have seen it before or not. Hope that makes sense?

Examples attached. Four observations of NGC869 but none of FZ Persei

CC8F39DA-EFA4-4689-B3A5-D69D3A55B96C.png

BA4FC8F2-6530-43A3-9447-8EB941F3F550.png

10 minutes ago, Wiu-Wiu said:

Yes, on the top of each (note: EACH) list are three possibilities: show all, show observed, show unobserved. 
F75D2318-36F1-4C89-97BA-BFB7438705A6.thumb.png.4a4c87c270b48c29cbc31d7ef368ad12.png

That is still per list, not overall though. You might have observed it on a different list. I think you need to check the records against the object itself to know.

Yeah, I must have misread that. 
It’s probably better this way, for people who use it to observe, I have lists ranging from ‘to see at home’, ‘to see at a dark location’, over lists that vary per telescope, or lists of objects I want to sketch or image. As I observe, objects can be added quickly to any other list, that’s quite handy. 

(It’s only a lot of work to delete objects from lists.) 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

It looks like the lists are still separate eg you can have the same object ticked against one list but not in another.

You can check the object itself and see all the observations against it though either in lists or just in observing sessions, so can see if you have seen it before or not. Hope that makes sense?

Examples attached. Four observations of NGC869 but none of FZ Persei

CC8F39DA-EFA4-4689-B3A5-D69D3A55B96C.png

BA4FC8F2-6530-43A3-9447-8EB941F3F550.png

Yes, Stu, that's what I've been doing. It would just be nice to see the information on the observing list directly, rather than requiring a further four clicks for each object. I often find myself looking at a list of "possibles" in the middle of a session, with clouds threatening, and thinking "is there anything here that I've never seen before?" Perhaps others have better recall than I do.

42 minutes ago, Wiu-Wiu said:

Yeah, I must have misread that. 
It’s probably better this way, for people who use it to observe, I have lists ranging from ‘to see at home’, ‘to see at a dark location’, over lists that vary per telescope, or lists of objects I want to sketch or image. As I observe, objects can be added quickly to any other list, that’s quite handy. 

(It’s only a lot of work to delete objects from lists.) 

Yes, I can see the value of that information too. Ideally, that functionality would use the "site" attribute of the actual session to which the observations are linked, rather than relying on the proxy of an observing list (which are essentially planning entities).

This sort of information is clearly available in the database; it's a UI matter. It's a small point in the context of an excellent app, but it would be nice to have it supported.