SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC1396 Reprocess

Its been grim up here for the last few days weather wise so I spent today reprocessing an old (and not great) image. I've been using PI for a few months now & really enjoying it, although it was very intimidating to start with. I processed this by splitting the channels & (using masks) adjusting certain areas of the image with curves. I quite like how its come out. The png isnt great so i've also posted as a tif. as not everyone uses PI.

Thanks for looking

Steve

IC1396_OIII.png

IC1396_OIII.tif

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Very nice, what filters did you use (looking at the file name)?

Thanks, I used the Optolong L-eXtreme, all the gear used is as per my signature but I cant remember the exact imaging time although it was around 4hrs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nephilim said:

Thanks, I used the Optolong L-eXtreme, all the gear used is as per my signature but I cant remember the exact imaging time although it was around 4hrs.

Thanks and I half expected the answer. It's my next purchase for my setup and looking forward to getting this sort of result from the filter....

• Like 1