Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A nice surprise whilst at a dark site, especially when it turned out NOT to be....

Tim

Aliens!  We are at Kelling Heath star party, and as usual we arrived a week earlier as part of a longer holiday.

With a beautiful clear night happening, but lots of other campers with lights on we left the immediate campsite and headed out into the heathland, away from stray lights.

Suddenly, out of the blue, there appeared a starnage light in the sky, unlike anything I have ever seen, and beyond any reasonable explanation I could give to my son who also saw it. It gradually faded and appeared to set in the NW, and we finally went to bed not knowing what on earth, or in space, we had seen.

Next morning we saw news of an Atlas5 rocket launch delivering satellites :)

We feel really lucky to have witnessed it, and it just adds to the enjoyment of our holiday.

Clear skies :)

Tim

20210927_221341.jpg

• Like 15

Nice, had a similar experience a few weeks back, was looking a Jupiter and feeling pleased with my self as it was crystal clear, then I saw lights coming out of Jupiter, ( What the Heck )

Anyway, took my eyes away and then refocused the telescope, turned out it was a jet flying across  my line of sight 🤣