Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Its been a hell of a journey so far....

irtuk

Four or so years ago my mother bought my daughter a celestron powerseeker AZ telescope that she promptly ignored, and I played with more than her. From struggling to locate the moon through that scope ( no really! ) to my first proper purchase, an iOptron sky tracker to get my first "point and hope" shots of Andromeda its been a special kind of stressful fun. 

Last night I pulled together the first image I can look at and think "Yeah, I can do this now", I present the elephants trunk nebula in IC1396

large.IC1396_final.jpg.2141c9ad04bf1ef1513928ad6f312794.jpg

10 minute subs, on mono ZWO1600MM, 70 min HA, 10 min SII 30 min OIII, guided in PHD2, session setup in N.I.N.A, Skywatcher NEQ6, Altair Astro 102ED F7 scope, with a meridian flip to boot :) processed in APP & a little bit of photoshop

Happy is an understatement, but onwards and upwards

Ed.

• Like 11

I rushed the processing as well, I had not been in a position to combine any data in APP until this morning, I will just keep gathering subs as and when the weather allows, this is literally the first combined HA/SII/OIII image I have ever done that's looked halfway good.

The subs I did use were not in any way a calculated ratio either, it was just what came out of the camera without any wobble on it. I will keep focused on this for a few more weeks I think.

Cheers :)

Ed.

1 minute ago, irtuk said:

Cheers Stuf :)  9am this morning I didnt actually know which buttons to push in APP so its really the start of a new chapter.

Definitely, It all comes together in the end. I really struggled with processing at the start then something just clicked and now I have a defined workflow that somehow seems to work 😁