NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Io transit animation - Not great. Not terrible

lukebl

This is a not great, not terrible, animation of the transit of Io on 29th Sept 2021.

To digress slightly.... 'Not great. Not terrrible' is a phrase I now use several times a day, to the annoyance of everyone around me. It comes from the awesome mini-series 'Chernobyl' starring Jared Harris. After the Chernobyl reactor exploded, the technicians report that the radiation levels are 3.6 Roentgens, to which the Chief Engineer Dyatlov (played by Paul Ritter) replies the memorable phrase 'Not great. Not terrible'. However, their feeble geiger counters maxed out at 3.6 Roentgens, and couldn't measure anything higher, and the actual levels were in the lethal thousands. I highly recommend the series. Very dark, but superbly acted and scripted and very atmospheric

Anyway, This is an animation 19 images of c. 8000 frames each captured every 4 minutes, 200mm f/5 Newt, 3x Barlow, ZWO ASI120MC-S camera, c. 80 fps

51537292530_52eb0ea467_o.gif

Edited by lukebl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1