Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

More Dales derelicts...

Last night 20:30 - 22:30.

Lime Kiln and internal of Old Gang Smelt Mill.

Both 2 x 16 x 8s at F2.2 and iso2500 for sky.  Approx 10 x 6s at f5 and iso800 lit foreground.  Canon 6D MkII, SIgma 24mm.  LR, Sequator, MS ICE and PS.

A couple of sky bodges, Kiln image repositioned after camera movement, me kicking tripod.  Smelt Mill sky taken outside building behind position for internal shots.  Only half the frame used...zzz.

A tad breezy but very nice to be out under the Mily Way.

Paul

PS click into for better view

Lime Kiln 01.jpg

OG internal 01.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 10

Very nice, Paul - you seem to have an endless supply of cool-looking derelict industrial buildings in lovely settings!

How do you do your blends?  Are you using sky selection / sky replacement or manual masks / some other technique?  I do find that sky / foreground blending can get quite tricky so always looking for pointers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

How do you do your blends?

Hi Paul.   I fudge my way through whatever seems to work the best for a particular composition.  I've tried the PS Sky replacement feature, worked great first time then not so since.  Also just select sky.  More fiddling with masks than I'd like.  Just try to get the full set of raw images to work with.  Sky only stack set, sky with ground stack set, painted ground set, unpainted, ambient light.  This is the basic stacked sky and focus stacked foreground approach.

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, clarkpm4242 said:

Hi Paul.   I fudge my way through whatever seems to work the best for a particular composition.  I've tried the PS Sky replacement feature, worked great first time then not so since.  Also just select sky.  More fiddling with masks then I'd like.  Just try to get the full set of raw images to work with.  Sky only stack set, sky with ground stack set, painted ground set, unpainted, ambient light.  This is the basic stacked sky and focus stacked foreground approach.

Thanks Paul. Glad I’m not the only one trying different ways then!! Richard Tatti’s workflows are great ( I think it might have been you who introduced me to him in the first place), but he does seem to have cleaner, less polluted horizons than is my norm! 

I’ve had success with select sky, but running the full automated sky replacement has given me some horrendous results.

I also came across this today, from “Milky Way Mike”, whose channel is worth a follow. 

• Thanks 1