NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sphinx Observatory

dweller25

I took the elevator to the Sphinx observation deck back in '93 when I visited the Jungfraujoch with my wife.Β  The view is quite spectacular.Β  I've got to wonder though, how many clear nights a year do they get?

I'm looking at buying a second home near Cloudcroft, NM.Β  Just to the south is the Sunspot Solar Observatory and Apache Point Observatory and to the east is theΒ Remote Astronomical Society Observatory of New Mexico and Stars End astronomy subdivision.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

21 hours ago, Louis D said:

I took the elevator to the Sphinx observation deck back in '93 when I visited the Jungfraujoch with my wife.Β  The view is quite spectacular.Β  I've got to wonder though, how many clear nights a year do they get?

I'm looking at buying a second home near Cloudcroft, NM.Β  Just to the south is the Sunspot Solar Observatory and Apache Point Observatory and to the east is theΒ Remote Astronomical Society Observatory of New Mexico and Stars End astronomy subdivision.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Sounds like paradise Louis. πŸ™‚

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Sounds like paradise Louis. πŸ™‚

That, and the weather is cool in the summer with low humidity.Β  Winters are fairly mild by mountain standards due to being so far south and surrounded by desert.

• Like 1