Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Have you got any list of object for H-Beta, OIII or UHC filter?

Setaarius

I’m not sure such a list exists. Basically observing any emission nebula can be assisted by using an OIII or H-beta ( much less so). These nebulae contain a lot of hydrogen and oxygen whose atoms are being excited by nearby radiation into emitting light in the oxygen and hydrogen part of the spectrum, planetary nebulae are a perfect example of this phenomenon so these filters can help by blocking out other wavelengths. But that is not always the case and it can be very personal, what works for some may not work for others. A UHC filter does the same but over a wider part of the spectrum so is more versatile but again it is personal choice, a list of objects is probably impossible.

A list of objects would be a bit pointless in my view, I would observe any emission nebulae and try out your own combinations to see if they assist…..Of course, others may disagree 

Not a list - but the Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas gives valid recommendations for the use of H Beta, UHC and O III filters for galactic nebulae (emission nebulae). The number of galactic nebulae (including reflection n.) is 530, so a lot of objects for observing (up to 12" aperture).

Hth.

Stephan

Edited by Nyctimene
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1