NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eastern Veil

smashing

So, first attempt at the Eastern Veil and first kind of attempt to use Pixinsight. Criticism is most welcome and I am going to try my usual work flow in photoshop to see if I can do any better.

So it's approx. 3.5 hours of 5 min subs with a 2600MCpro, L-extreme filter, Equinox 80 on a HEQ5. All stacked in DSS and messed around in Pixinsight following some simple YouTube tutorials.

pix1.thumb.jpg.08921b4dd467b1144cafb1328c806c19.jpg

There is something going off in the top left corner...I had this with my DSLR but it went away with the crescent nebula I did, I suspect something wasn't quite right in my setup on one of the nights but it doesn't detract too much from the overall I think.

In PixInsight I did the following things

1. Dynamic Crop
  2. ABE
  3. ColorCalibration
  4. HistorgramTransformation
  5. TGVDenoise
  6. Unsharpmask
  7. Curvestransformation

I did also Bin the data as well....first time really doing that so not sure when you should do it...does it matter (apart from speeding things up).

Anyway more things to work on.

• Like 8

I'm not too sure how long you've been in this hobby, but to a beginners eyes, this looks like a fantastic photo, as if you've been doing it years. Sorry I couldnt come up with any constructive critism, but I can't, its 10x better than anything I've produced!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Grant93 said:

I'm not too sure how long you've been in this hobby, but to a beginners eyes, this looks like a fantastic photo, as if you've been doing it years. Sorry I couldnt come up with any constructive critism, but I can't, its 10x better than anything I've produced!

Thank you for your kind words!

I've been mainly imaging the last year and a half (starting with a DSLR, stop watch and manual release cable :) ) although I purchased the scope whilst at uni but never managed to get an image out of it before it got put into storage.

The data probably has a lot more in it but it's just working out how to get it...will need to give it another go and read up some more :)

Edited by smashing