NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pegasus Ultimate Powerbox setting up problems

These may be stupid suggestions/questions but......

Did you try a simple PC reboot? (I had to ask) It's amazing that to this day, this simple action can solve all manor of troubles.

Did you change the Com Port in EQMOD Toolbox > Driver Setup to the new Com Port that was assigned? (If it was different)

Have you tried plugging the Mount USB cable in to one of the USB2 ports rather than the USB3? or vice versa depending on where you started. Some things are really fussy with USB3 even when they are backward compatible.

On the PPBA, one of USB3 ports is powered and unusable for certain applications. I'm not sure if this is the case with the PUPB? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamgood said:

These may be stupid suggestions/questions but......

Did you try a simple PC reboot? (I had to ask) It's amazing that to this day, this simple action can solve all manor of troubles.

Did you change the Com Port in EQMOD Toolbox > Driver Setup to the new Com Port that was assigned? (If it was different)

Have you tried plugging the Mount USB cable in to one of the USB2 ports rather than the USB3? or vice versa depending on where you started. Some things are really fussy with USB3 even when they are backward compatible.

On the PPBA, one of USB3 ports is powered and unusable for certain applications. I'm not sure if this is the case with the PUPB? 

thanks for this.

reboot - yes
change COM port - yes, I always do that when connecting my mount (even before getting a powerbox) as the mount connection depends on the right COM port being selected.
try USB2 - no, I have not tried this. I shall do tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stuart1971 said:

@StuartT did you get this issue sorted, as I have the UPB V2 and are going to use it with NINA…??

Hi there. Yes. I did thanks. It works fine now.

It turns out that most of the gear I have connects fine via USB, but the mount requires a serial connection (because it uses ASCOM which is quite an old fashioned interface).

So here is what I do.

• plug in the cable to the ultimate powerbox
  • run device manager to see what number it has assigned to the COM port (this changes each time)
  • in NINA connect the scope, after first changing the COM port with the gear icon to the number shown in device manager
  • Then everything else connects via NINA (focuser, dew heaters, camera etc)

Took me a bit of trial and error, but it does at last work!