NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Small guide scope suggestions.

Hi All,

im in the process of updating & upgrading to two rigs, a pier based stay at home and a more portable rig.

I currently use an SVBONY 50mm x 190mm FL and it works well enough although it’s my first and only guide scope so I have no comparison so it could be garbage ? Main thing is it’s BIG so i will move this to the pier.

so I’m after something lighter to pair with my WO ZS61 & EQM-35 that is lightweight but most of all reliable. I’ve looked at the WO 32mm uniguide, too small ? The WO 50mm uniguide, too heavy ? I don’t know. 
anybody have any experience with these ? Or even better anyone ditched them for something better ?

it will be paired with an ASI120MM.

thanks in advance

Andy H

43 minutes ago, tompato said:

People seem to rate the astro essentials f4 guidescope and pair it with an ASI 120MM. I've just bought one to try it autoguiding with my DSLR so I can't comment on it yet but I'm hoping it'll be okay.

Cheers I’ll add it to the list 👍

I have one of these with a ZWO helical focuser which makes focusing so much easier. (I also have a SVbony helical focuser for my OAG which is cheaper and identical to the ZWO one) Optional extra, but a cheap IR/UV cut filter on the end of the camera also reduces bloat and sharpens up the stars.

Screenshot_20210905-143755_eBay.jpg

20210613_172145.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

I have one of these with a ZWO helical focuser which makes focusing so much easier. (I also have a SVbony helical focuser for my OAG which is cheaper and identical to the ZWO one) Optional extra, but a cheap IR/UV cut filter on the end of the camera also reduces bloat and sharpens up the stars.

Screenshot_20210905-143755_eBay.jpg

20210613_172145.jpg

Very neat 👍👍