Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Request for sketches

Lee_P

Hi Sketchers,

I'm involved in a project helping youth groups to do simple stargazing. As part of this I'd like to have them using binoculars to search for bright DSOs -- I don't have a final list yet but it'll be about a dozen of the usual suspects, M31, M45, Double Cluster, etc, covering every season. I'd like to give the participants realistic expectations of what they're looking for, so am searching for sketches that show binocular views of these objects. I've done some Googling and came across this site which is good, but the views are telescopic, and there's no info about usage rights. The images would need to be supplied as digital files. Can anyone here help point me in the direction of a source of images that may be suitable?

Thanks in advance!

-Lee

• 3 weeks later...

@Lee_P I've only just noticed your post.

I used to sketch my observations but unfortunately the majority were done through either a 12" or 16" but if I can help in anyway I gladly will. 

I think I sketched around 300 objects in total but definitely completed all the Messiers most of the Caldwell's but the NGC list beat me 😂.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mike73 said:

@Lee_P I've only just noticed your post.

I used to sketch my observations but unfortunately the majority were done through either a 12" or 16" but if I can help in anyway I gladly will. 

I think I sketched around 300 objects in total but definitely completed all the Messiers most of the Caldwell's but the NGC list beat me 😂.

Thanks Mike, that thread is a fantastic resource!

• 5 months later...