Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is this a EQ5 mount

Yes, definitely an EQ5. It does have an inbuilt polar scope as well, you just need to remove two covers (with the red arrows below) You also will need to rotate the DEC axis 90 degrees from the home position to be able to use it,

image.png.13f6153c8346d1197b8d93638002eaea.png

6 hours ago, PaulM said:

Hi Could anyone kindly confirm this 200p is on an EQ5 mount with a polar aligner fitted?

20210829_152455.jpg

I just got an EQ5-class mount myself, new old-stock.  The 200mm f/5 is a bit much for an EQ-5.  It should be alright for visual use.

If we knew the asking, we could opine as to whether yea or nay.

You can certainly get a polar-scope for the mount...

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-mount-accessories/skywatcher-polarscope-for-eq3-2-eq5.html

• Like 1

In addition, the EQ-5 is the "sweet spot" among equatorial mounts; not too terribly large, certainly not too small, just right rather.  I like mine.

The 200P/EQ-5 kit, sold by this vendor and that, does not come with a polar-scope.

There is a newer reticle out for polar-scopes.  I don't know how long it has been available...

reticles.jpg.3ce89c0a6256869c391fc53b7813c009.jpg

You can inquire as to the reticle within the Sky-Watcher offering, if that's important to you.  They may have moved over to the newer one, or not.  The old one will work, still.

• Like 1