pushing my luck paid off

Kimboman

Hi I have just completed my observing sessions I said earlier I set up my 102mm refractor on goto at 8.30 pm and a few minutes later I set uo my 6se on goto .

I set both scopes on to Jupiter and the seeing through both was pretty good, the 102 was in a better position to observe Jupiter than the 6se

after approx I hour the 6se lost sight of Jupiter but the 102mm  kept Jupiter spot on in the centre of the eyepiece for the whole session and I watched IO occult the planet at approx 11pm.

I used the 6se to view  m57 and m31 and other s and a couple of double stars.

I must say that the two Celestron GO TOs that I have are extremely accurate and need very little adjustment.

All kit now stowed away awaiting the next adventure

• Like 6

Sounds like a good session. My Skywatcher goto mount can vary a little with its positional accuracy and tracking, but tonight (and even more so last week) it has really earned its keep. I've been surprised how much you can do, close to the moon. Not a hope of seeing anything in the Telrad, could just about make out a couple of stars in the 9x50, but still managed to find some nice doubles.