Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first Hubble Pallet with brand new kit

Catanonia

It has been sometime, 7+ years and loads of new kit as mentioned in the main imaging forum.

Whilst collecting data on the Elephants Trunk, I decided to re-do my 1st Hubble Image I took last night.

A lot of learning in PixInsight, but I think it turned out quite well compared with other examples on Google.

48x 120s OSC subs with ZWO183MC and RASA8 under Bortle 6 skies.

Managed to get some subs in during the clouds and I am quite pleased for this as a 1st light on the RASA, ZWO camera's and the EnHance Tri-Band filter.

NGC7000 Hubble.jpg

Edited by Catanonia
  • Like 15

38 minutes ago, Mike73 said:

Wow!! Yes I'd be happy with that as my first Hubble pallet. Congrats. 😎

28 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

It's wonderful!

Thanks.

A very steep learning curve after 7+ years away from the hobby. New kit and new processing methods. A big thanks to Lukomatico on YouTube (I think he frequents on SGL) for the tutorial on Hubble Pallet with OSC.

2 hours ago, Catanonia said:

Thanks.

A very steep learning curve after 7+ years away from the hobby. New kit and new processing methods. A big thanks to Lukomatico on YouTube (I think he frequents on SGL) for the tutorial on Hubble Pallet with OSC.

Well done, very nice image & processing. I also used Lukes PI tutorial for my first ever Hubble Palette a couple of weeks ago.HubblestarsIC1396.thumb.png.9b71615c8ec656d596a39d10612187b6.png

• Like 1

Beautifully done! I really like the contrast in colours of this palette as it offers some depth to the image. I've just completed processing my North America and Pelican shot using colours "as shot", but I'm thinking of giving the HOO approach showcased by Lukomatico and Cuiv the Lazy Geek on YouTube. 

A great way to get back into the hobby 😊

• Like 1