NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sharpstar Triplet Refractors

I'm in the same position as I'm also looking at Sharpstar. I think i've settled on the 100Q II Quadruplet which has very good reviews. Not having to buy a separate flattener  helps & also theres no need to worry about faffing around with spacers etc for back focus with a camera.

I've got the APM 107 which is a rebadged Sharpstar and is now discontinued. Overall the quality is very good, definitely up there with the best Chinese APOs.

The only negative comments I've read so far are about the 61EDPH II on CN. The 76 and 94 have got good reviews. I haven't seen many user reports on their big 140 dual EDs. Which one are you thinking of buying?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I couldn’t find that many reviews of the 94 myself. 

TS Optics were also selling the rebadged 94EDPH. If you include those, the number of reviews will be more. But yes I wouldn't say there are *many* reviews.

Edited by KP82
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, licho52 said:

61 EDPH II has a botched native reducer/flattener with large CA.  The scope itself is ok.

That doesn't sound great, although the 61 EDPH II is a triplet, i'm not sure what the OP had originally been looking at but im looking at the 100Q II quadruplet Astrograph APO which I think comes with a flattener built in, so hopefully that wont be an issue.  Its not going to be until around November until I make a final decision so i've plenty of time for research.
If I did decide on the 100Q or for that matter any scope thats going to be around the 2K mark I'd ask FLO if they would carry out a bench test before shipping although I'm sure they do on scopes in this price range?

Steve