NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tal 100 r/rs

12 hours ago, O4 clearnights said:

a finder scope bracket that fits on the focuser of a tal 100 r / rs

On my Tal100r the finder is not mounted on the focuser but on the main tube and I think its the same for the RS.  If  you are wanting to mount a finder on the Tal100r and not bothered about keeping it original it is very simple to  unscrew the focuser from the tube and with a bit of simple DIY affix a standard finder mount. Even though the Tal 8x30 is very good, with a different finder mount you can then use a 9x50 or similar.  Found picture of 100 RS (courtesy AstroBaby) showing finder on the tube.

TAL 100RS Focuser.jpg

Hello @O4 clearnights and welcome to SGL.

Just a heads up, my Tal 100RS was supplied with the curved finder base to fit the tube but had the wrong spacing for the screws - so there is variability there too !
As already mentioned, It may be worth adding a standard finder base to your OTA, which would allow you to use the standard Skywatcher or GSO straight through or RACI finders.

Edited by dweller25
  • Like 4

Hello O4,

I think best solution for you is 3D printing.

I bought my TAL-100R without finder, and printed adapter that fits on one side to original bracket on TAL focuser and on other side have normal rail for standard finder (I am using 6x30 Chinese one).