Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASIAIR will not connect to HEQ5

I hope someone can solve this for me as searching here and google hasn't helped.

I used the ASIAIR and EQDIR without issue on my AZGTi previously 

I just took delivery of a HEQ5, It is set up and plugged in.

I attached my ASIAIR V1 to the mount using my LYNX EQDIR cable.

I turned everything on.

Grabbed my phone and connected to the ASIAIR.

I touch the scope symbol to bring up mount connection and enter EQMOD for the mount.

I leave on serial baud 9600 (I have actually tried them all now) and hit the little slider thingy.

Message keeps popping up saying  connect failed.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app.

Help please.

25 minutes ago, GoldTop57 said:

FLO sell different EQDIR cables for HEQ5 and AZGTi so presumably they are not compatible?

They have different connectors based on the product references lynxastro_eqdir_sw_rj45 & lynxastro_eqdir_sw_rj12

5 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

They have different connectors based on the product references lynxastro_eqdir_sw_rj45 & lynxastro_eqdir_sw_rj12

Now I'm confused, the LYNX cable I had for my AZ GTi fits perfectly!

Edited by MARS1960

39 minutes ago, MARS1960 said:

Now I'm confused, the LYNX cable I had for my AZ GTi fits perfectly!

Sorry for confusion,  I initally thought the cable was the same for both but as FLO are listing 2 the only indication I saw was in the products code which shows the connectors as rj12 & rj45!!

The manuals say the handest port on the HEQ5 is an rj45 whilst the AZ-GTi says the handset port is an rj12 (and the auto guide on the HEQ5 is an rj12). Are you connecting to the handest port of the HEQ5 or the one the lead fits in?

8 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

Sorry for confusion,  I initally thought the cable was the same for both but as FLO are listing 2 the only indication I saw was in the products code which shows the connectors as rj12 & rj45!!

The manuals say the handest port on the HEQ5 is an rj45 whilst the AZ-GTi says the handset port is an rj12 (and the auto guide on the HEQ5 is an rj12). Are you connecting to the handest port of the HEQ5 or the one the lead fits in?

EQDIR goes direct from ASIAIR to the hand controller port on the mount, HC is now redundant.

The AZ GTi cable fits but it doesn't work so from Goldtop57 advice I ordered this.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-mount-accessories/lynx-astro-ftdi-eqdir-usb-adapter-for-sky-watcher-eq5-pro-heq5-syntrek-pro-az-eq5-gt-az-eq6-gt-and-eq8-mounts.html

32 minutes ago, MARS1960 said:

EQDIR goes direct from ASIAIR to the hand controller port on the mount, HC is now redundant.

The AZ GTi cable fits but it doesn't work so from Goldtop57 advice I ordered this.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-mount-accessories/lynx-astro-ftdi-eqdir-usb-adapter-for-sky-watcher-eq5-pro-heq5-syntrek-pro-az-eq5-gt-az-eq6-gt-and-eq8-mounts.html

OK I've just got the eqdir cable from my old HEQ5 (also fits my AZEQ6GT) which has the rj45 connector that fits into the mount handset port on these mounts.  This does not fit the mount handset port on the AZ-Gti, that port is smaller so rj12 seems appropriate.  Note the handset itself is not being used at all.

So I can't see how your AZGTi cable could fit the HEQ5 mount except in the wrong port (guide port perhaps) or the handset.  There is a way to connect the handset to the mount and a cable from a socket on the handset but you have to set this to PC Direct mode. I'm not sure if the eqmod cable would be used or the cable used to flash the handset in that instance.

But I agree that the FLO cable you have linked would be the right one for the HEQ5, I'm sorry if tis has created any confusion and trust you have the details you needed now.

Regards

Steve

Thanks, It does fit in the HC port, as you said, it's smaller so it would fit, it doesn't mean its connected correctly though.

I think the thread has been over thought somewhat, the simple answer from goldtop57 was all I needed, but thanks for trying.

• Like 1