Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pulsar Observatories service ?

johninderby

Folks

Seems you are all sorted. I have delat with them for a couple of years now and their servuice very occasionally has been slow. However, I normally now visit their show room and do the business direct. They are a great bunch, know their stuff too. I have bought 3 mounts from them and scopes etc. - everything has been good quality - no problems. I would stick with them - I live 1 1/2 drive away from them - much prefer to visit and pick up directly...

Regards

mark

Gary of Pulsar Observatories called me this afternoon and we had a good chat about things. He explained that Pulsar Observatories and Pulsar Optical are indeed separate businesses. However when Astro Engineering drop ships an order within the UK for Pulsar Observatories it is actually shipped by Pulsar Optical as they do all the shipping for Astro Engineering. Hope that clarifies the situation.

Gary was away for a week and so couldn't sort out things until he got back. Apparently he had been told by Astro Engineering that my order had been shipped on time and it wasn't until he got back that he found out that this wasn't so and sorted it out.

He's not very impressed with Pulsar Optical at the moment as their performance when shipping Astro Engineering items leaves a lot to be desired. In Gary's words " I've got some sorting out to do ".

John

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, I have been reading your comments on Pulsar and would like to mention that I ordered a 2.2 metre full observatory back in early September 2015 and paid £500 deposit. Delivery time is approx. 10 weeks.

I have not had any replies to my emails and  when telephoning them there is an answer phone message that states that "there is no one in the office at the moment we will get back to you " They never get back . and therefore have not been able to contact them and am now looking at 12 weeks approx.

Maybe I should cancel my order and get my deposit refunded using my credit card protection scheme ?

Dave

As a foot note, I cancelled my order for the 2.2 metre observatory and got my £500 refunded eventually.

I would not trade with these people again under any circumstances. No way to do business.

I have found another supplier that manufactures fibreglass observatories plus the automation products that I will require,which looks more promising.

We live and learn

Dave

• 2 months later...

Archived