NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sadr Region in SHO and OHS

symmetal

Here's my attempt of the Sadr Region with 5 hrs of Ha and 3.7 hrs each of SII and OIII using an ASI6200MM with Astronomik 6nm filters and FLT98. Ha was taken in April with the rest in July without full astro dark though I made sure the Moon wasn't around.

Stacked in Astro Pixel Processor, and processed with Startools binned 50%, with final touch-up in PS. The new Spatially Variant PSF deconvolution module in Startools does a good job in reconstructing the star shapes over the whole image. The OIII has some halos which are non-concentric the further from the image centre but aren't too bad when looking at the image as a whole. The halos do dominate the bright star colour so I didn't process the star colours to mono as it wouldn't have made a big difference and blue or yellow stars don't look out of place even if they aren't the correct colour. 🙂 

The Inchworm Cluster above Sadr stands out nicely. Click for full size images.

For the colour matrixing

Top SHO has Red = 40%SII + 60%Ha, Green = 40%Ha + 60% OIII, Blue = 100% OIII.

Bottom OHS has Red = 100% OIII, Green = 50%Ha + 50%OIII, Blue = 50%SII + 50%Ha

1185853864_SadrRegionSHO.thumb.jpg.9ee58fa4495e36397b9c9572f0d5eec3.jpg

658057016_SadrRegionOHS.thumb.jpg.67a47354e1f32eec57a18915d3674a30.jpg

Alan

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Mike73 said:

Definitely worth seeing full size!

What a beautiful image, worth all the hard work congratulations. 🙂

20 hours ago, carastro said:

Some excellent work there.  I like the orange and blue SHO version best.

Carole 

18 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Very high quality work Alan, definitely click and zoom in to get most out of the superb images

Thanks @Mike73 , @carastro , @tooth_dr and others. 😀.

Yes, there's a lot of extra details that come out in the full size version which also isn't so noticeable in the HaRGB versions. I agree Carole that the orange version enhances the details more. 🙂

Just a pity about the OIII halos though I suppose I'm stuck with them unless buy an even more costly filter. 🙁 I thought £421 for the Astronomik was enough. 😬

Alan