Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ic1396

Hi everyone

Why not an in-your-face elephant? The UHC really does help with the contrast of what seems otherwise a constant mush of diffuse coloured blobs; at least that is, with our bashed around equipment. 

BTW, the sensor was showing 32º. Not sure about the horror stories about non-cooled cameras. Noise, yes. But not enough to give up. As the t-shirt recommends: just do it. 

Thanks for looking, and dslr users, please post your images of the same. 

eos700d on pn208 4h @ ISO800

743655799_1a-ele(1)-b_01.thumb.jpg.54ab2d487ebbf8e5bae0f2355289efb2.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 14

Yes, very nice indeed, especially from a war DSLR! I had to Google UHC and concluded that it was probably not Universal Health Covearge but a Baader light pollution filter. I am fortunate enough here at Bortle 2-3 to be rather ignorant about those things😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gorann said:

rather ignorant about those things

Hi

The UHC is a filter which (in our case at least) is not used against light pollution, rather to bring nebulae to the fore. It also prevents the stars from overwhelming the frame too. I'm certain however that they maintain telescopes in first rate health no matter where they aim in the universe:)

They're only around €30 from Chimese outlets, so well worth an experiment. 

Cheers

Edited by alacant