Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky-Watcher AZ GTi WiFi what software do I need

p1taylor

Hi All,   I have just got Sky-Watcher AZ GTi WiFi what software do I need to Control in alt-az, image in sharpcap with wzo asi 178 all on my windows 10  laptop, if you need any more info just ask, not to good with pc.

peter

Edited by p1taylor

Possibly the simplest is to use Synscan Pro for PC to control the mount and download/install the ZWO drivers.  Then hopefully, Sharpcap will detect the camera, if not ZWO have capture software in ASIStudio.

For more intensive use, such as guiding, plate-solving and more then NINA & ASCOM/EQMOD may be on your horizon.

If Linux is more to your taste the we can recommend for that platorm too.

Edited by StevieDvd

Peter,  It's such an open ended question, and can be dependent on what equipment you want to use , presumably a laptop, but other hardware is available.  Also, if you are thinking of using Windows or Linux as some software is more suited to one platform than another.

On the assumption that you are using a windows based laptop, then EQMOD or GSS will be the application to handle communications between the laptop and mount.  If you are using the wi-fi option built into the mount, then you'll need to install SW application to allow the laptop wi-fi to make an ad hock connection.  The alternative would be to use a hard wired connection via an EQDIR cable.

ASCOM or INDI, depending on your operating system would also need to be installed.  Then you can install a planetarium application of your choice.  Each will allow you to select a target and through EQMOD / GSS server have the telescope slew to it.  That plus sharpcap should be enough to get you started 

Hi Stevie,  Will try what you suggest, I have all the drivers for ZWO as I have bean using Sharpcap for months to do sun with a lunt 60mm ,  thanks for your help.

Hi Malc-c,   What I will be using,  HP laptop windows 10 ,   Sky watcher Az-GTi goto computerised alt-az mount,  Lunt 60mmTHa/b1200CPT H-Alpha scope,  I have had to change the mount from a SW Solar Quest as it can not get GPS in my area, I have given up dep sky which I have don a very long time as am to old now so all this is going in the observatory, thanks for your help will try and see if I can get it going, if you need any more info let me know, I really appreciate I all this help.

peter

• Like 1