Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking for a guide on a price, Celestron C11 on a Sky-Watcher NEQ6 pro mount

Hi, I'm soon to be selling my Celestron C11 with Sky-Watcher NEQ6 Pro mount, I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right ball-park price wise? I bought it in around 2012-2013 I think and have only set it up maybe 8 times max so has had hardly any use. It's just now I have young children, any free time I had has gone out of the window so the money is of more use to me. Any help is appreciated.

I've added a few pics of it and that I've taken with it for reference.

Jason.

IMG_2390_Original.jpg

IMG_2436_Original.jpg

IMG_3776_Original.jpg

IMG_4225_Original.PNG

IMG_5390_Original.jpg

IMG_5394_Original.jpg

IMG_5411_Original.jpg

IMG_6582_Original.jpg

IMG_6669_Original.jpg

IMG_7091_Original.jpg

IMG_7540_Original.jpg

IMG_9163_Original.jpg

MVI_11640004_Original.jpg

Edited by jay2jay99

• jay2jay99 changed the title to Looking for a guide on a price, Celestron C11 on a Sky-Watcher NEQ6 pro mount

Typical pricing for used equipment (as a rough guide) would be around 65%, plus postage/handling (which is quite expensive, if you don't have the packaging stuff and good rates).

Depends also on demand, because these days it may take months for delivery of brand new equipment, so you could easily reach 70% of regular sales price.

N.F.

5 hours ago, nfotis said:

Typical pricing for used equipment (as a rough guide) would be around 65%, plus postage/handling (which is quite expensive, if you don't have the packaging stuff and good rates).

Depends also on demand, because these days it may take months for delivery of brand new equipment, so you could easily reach 70% of regular sales price.

N.F.

Many thanks 😊 

On 04/07/2021 at 22:39, nfotis said:

N.F.

I listed it on FB and was going to add it here in a new thread, what do you reckon is the price about right or a little high?

FB Listing

On 04/07/2021 at 22:55, jay2jay99 said:

selling my Celestron C11 with Sky-Watcher NEQ6 Pro mount

Surf the buy / sell websites and pages. See what similar equipment that actually sold, went for.
For example, a C11 XLT sold for £2k a few months back. (Not mine, I hasten to add ;) ) New price: £2400

Edited by pete_l
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, pete_l said:

Surf the buy / sell websites and pages. See what similar equipment that actually sold, went for.
For example, a C11 XLT sold for £2k a few months back. (Not mine, I hasten to add ;) ) New price: £2400

Ok thanks, so I’m not too far off then, just need to find the what the same mount goes for, I was aiming for £2k for the scope, £1k for the mount and then through all the extras in.

1 hour ago, jay2jay99 said:

Ok thanks, so I’m not too far off then, just need to find the what the same mount goes for, I was aiming for £2k for the scope, £1k for the mount and then through all the extras in.

NEQ6 look to sell for around £800 on Ebay - the OTA is a bit more difficult to price - a carbon fibre version with a nexstar tripod sold for £1600, but a CPC 1100 HD with some extras went for £4000, but  that was with extras that probably made the new price something over £6000. I think you might be a bit optimistic with your price - but it's easy to go down than to go up! You might fare better selling the OTA and mount separately - I would suspect the mount would sell more quickly than the C11 - which would really have a smaller potential market than the mount.

Search the sold listings on SGL. There have been quite a few C11 OTAs sold. Prices have risen a bit lately though so you could ask more.

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/346879-completed-celestron-c11-xlt-accessories-completed/

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/341644-completed-sold-sold-celestron-c11-xlt-ota/

Edited by johninderby

Usually, it's easier to sell your high value items separately. Some people will want the mount only, others the SCT only.

Very few will want to buy the complete package as a single item.

You could eg offer the SCT at 2000 GBP alone (plus handling/postage, if not going to pick up), the mount for 1000 GBP plus handling, and offer a reduced price for the bundle? (Numbers for illustrative purposes only 🙂 )

N.F.

Thank you for the responses, definitely sounds like I need to separate it then, I was initially thinking it's a complete set for someone getting in to the hobby but in hindsight, if you're just starting out then you may not want to invest so much on a first scope.

I'll split the FB listing and put two listings on here. 

What do you reckon ball park for each? The C11 appears to be about £2400 new so was thinking around £1800..... but then it appears others go for around £1000, is that right?

And then the mount is about £1200 new so thinking £800.

Edited by jay2jay99

• 2 weeks later...