Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Power adapters for Canon EOS cameras

So... I purchased one of these..

On 24/06/2021 at 00:12, callisto said:

and one of these...

On 29/06/2021 at 16:01, Seelive said:

I did wonder but I assumed you had a Dew Controller with auxiliary 8V output.  You will need to buy an AC/DC adaptor with an output voltage between 7V and 8V such as this one https://uk.farnell.com/multicomp-pro/mp004759/adapter-ac-dc-7-5v-2a/dp/3497087

But the camera doesn't work! What am I doing wrong? Could the voltage be wrong? Polarity? The adapter is definitely working, my test meter recorded a voltage

Edited by StuartT

Just an observation... the power unit is rated at 7.5v DC @ 2A max - A quick google and I came across this for £17

Power adaptor for Canon 750D

spacer.png

Output is 8v @ 3amp

Now assuming it's not something as simple as the lid not being closed, then maybe its worth getting one of these generic units and if that works then return the (IMO) overpriced adapter to FLO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I assume the camera still works OK with the normal battery but not with the adaptor? As @powerlord said, the battery compartment lid needs to be fully closed for the camera to work so it's necessary to feed the adaptor cable through the small slot on the side of the battery compartment so that the battery compartment lid can be closed.

My Andoer dummy battery is rated at 7.6V / 2A and works fine (and also looks exactly like the one quoted by@malc c)

• Thanks 1

well now... it never occurred to me I'd be able to close the battery door with a great big cable in the way. But wait a moment... there's a little rubber flap jobby that kindly moves out of the way to allow you to do exactly that! (It's almost like they planned for me to do this - clever those Canon chaps)

Thanks everyone! Problem solved.

(once I had got past the dire warning from Canon "Do you know you are not using a Canon battery? Have you any idea what cataclysmically awful things could happen to you and your family if you proceed with this madness? Are you sure..? Really..??")

Edited by StuartT
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, StuartT said:

... once I had got past the dire warning from Canon ...

Strange, FLO claim that the dummy battery has a "fully decoded chip" so I wouldn't have expected that to happen. Still, glad you got it working.

• Like 1