NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

pixInsight

Chefgage

Tried getting a trial license but have not received it after some time. Using my ISP and also tried other email addresses. I get the initial 'welcome to pixInsight' etc. So I know the email account is not blocked. But no licence details are then sent. With me being in the UK anyone else who is in the UK had issues with this??

When I requested a trail licence last year it only took 3 days to come through but it did say the verification process is manual, so maybe there's a hold up there.

How long since you sent the first request?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Budgie1 said:

When I requested a trail licence last year it only took 3 days to come through but it did say the verification process is manual, so maybe there's a hold up there.

How long since you sent the first request?

Not to worry it came through over night. It was just that the website site states if you have not received it in 20 minutes try another email address. Just took a bit longer than that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chefgage said:

Not to worry it came through over night. It was just that the website site states if you have not received it in 20 minutes try another email address. Just took a bit longer than that.

I'm sure you've seen all the various resources but if not check out the Adam Block videos. If you look at no others at least have a look at some of the WBPP2 tutorials that he has put together. I also bought Rogelio Andreo's book (digitally) while I was at the trial stage too......

Edited by scotty38
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

I'm sure you've seen all the various resources but if not check out the Adam Block videos. If you look at no others at least have a look at some of the WBPP2 tutorials that he has put together. I also bought Rogelio Andreo's book (digitally) while I was at the trial stage too......

Thanks. I have just recently subscribed to Adam block. So I will take a look.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chefgage said:

Thanks. I have just recently subscribed to Adam block. So I will take a look.

He also has his own website where you can pay for additional courses and the like. I've not done that yet but I am considering the base level as I really like his style and he knows the software inside out. He is a contributor to PI so not only does he know the software but he takes good images too given his APODs . Yeah I'm a fan lol 🤣

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I opened my copy of this; can anybody remember what form the password takes - is it my email address or is there a number associated with the email from Rogelio?  I'm sure I can ping Rogelio but I thought I'd check here first just in case it is something obvious :) 

Jim 

• 2 weeks later...

Tx scotty 38, replied to pm. Sorry I should have posted update here , geeklee pm'd with instruction on how to get back in.   No doubt the same thing will happen I'll image this coming session with long periods in-between of poor weather so I'll forget again. So this time I've made a note of the instructions .  Tx all. 

Jim