Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

To Pro or not to Pro?

Hi  guys, hope everyone's well :)

I'm currently using the ASIAIR (V1) on my portable set up (SkyGuider Pro, WO wedge upgrade, Askar 200mm lens+D/Dad EAF adapter to focus, ZWO EFW, 120mm mini guide cam, ZWO 178MM cool, modded Canon 1000+1100d DSLR)

So my question is taking into account the SGP is not a goto mount is it worth upgrading to the ASIAIR Pro or should I just stick to the V1 and spend my money on something else, ie iOptron Electronic iPolar for the mount for better PA?

Thanks in advance,

Mark :)

Edited by callisto
change wording

If possible i would upgrade.  Dont have to tell you how much extras you receive with the pro. The overall build, speed, livestacking and powerouts etc.  No need to have a goto. I assume you use the asiair build in goto?

Edited by Robindonne
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for replying :)

Yeah I do...I was leaning towards the Pro with the livestacking, speed etc so looks like I'll hit the buy button :)

As for the ipolar, don't like the idea of trailing the laptop around as there's no android app so it defeats the 'portable set up' idea 👎

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1