Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Up north..

powerlord

So been travelling up into Highlands the last week in motorhome, all the toys in the back Inc AP gear.

I shot some of m31 at my parents house a few days ago (lanark).

Now up in Ullapool (57 degrees) last night so had all the kit setup, 2 mounts, etc... All ready..

11pm..blue sky. Sunset.

12pm. Blue sky. Sunset.

1pm. Ble sky sunset.

Only 3 weeks from longest day, I should have realised it doesn't get dark this far north.🙄 Amazing scenery, rare warm weather.. But there won't be any AP being commited. 😬

Edited by powerlord
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, at least you're in a good spot for the Noctilucent Clouds challenge, assuming you've got a view to the North. If you've got a clear sky they should start to appear after about 23:00. ;) 

I used to live near Tiumpan Head on the Isle of Lewis, just across the Minch, and this was my view at 00:45 on the 8th July 2011. :D

IMG_1795.thumb.JPG.c4e34f6bc72be6faae42029773c40cca.JPG

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Budgie1 said:

I didn't suggest they were guaranteed every night! :grin: :bino2:

What? Not even clouds guaranteed anymore? What is this world coming to? Soon I'll be forced to take up solar photography. (Come to think of it; maybe I should try that.)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, wimvb said:

What? Not even clouds guaranteed anymore? What is this world coming to? Soon I'll be forced to take up solar photography. (Come to think of it; maybe I should try that.)

Interesting idea Wim, especially right now for you and me up here at 60° N in central Sweden so north of anything on the UK mainland. A mighty high pressure has settled on us and I did not see a single cloud all day. But ordering a the necessary solar equipment, like a Day Star Quark, which currently seems to be out of stock everywhere, would inivitably bring the clouds in when the box arrives and it would most likely spoil the whole summer.

Edited by gorann
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1