NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Big moon / Small scope 19/05/21

Yawning Angel

As an experiment I tried a 2.5x barlow with my 80ED to see if it could get useful data with my asi178mm. 23 panels taken around 21:00 hrs in the fading light. 

• 23 x 500 frames, captured in SharpCap 4 beta. asi178mm / green filter / Celestron Luminos 2.5x barlow
  • Batch processed in PixInsight, restoration filter
  • Mosaic compiled by Microsoft ICE
  • Processed in Photoshop, including 'Content aware fill' to fix the background sky areas not covered by the mosaic
  • Reduced by 50% to stop it being unreasonably large. (It's still well worth clicking through to the full image)

I keep thinking about replacing the 80ED, but it keeps delivering

1883599711_80EDMosaic19-05-202150percentFix.thumb.png.c17b5f57c27aa653c3b7220c58f809bd.png

Edited by Yawning Angel
  • Like 11

I'd completely forgotten about Microsoft ICE, thank goodness for archive sites as it's no longer available from MS

Nice image, I was fitting a focus motor to my 80ED last night and took a few moments of visual on the moon before the clouds rolled in - they really are a good quick 'throw it on and have a look' scope

• Thanks 1