NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 - 1st + 2nd light with modded 1000d

philj

This has now become a work in progress and it was only going to be a test :(

I managed some more subs, before the moon and clouds came over spoiling the fun, and added to my 1st light data.

This is now approx 50 minutes through the 102ED no calibration. I have spent a bit more time oon the colour as well

I took a load of short subs to composite with the burnt out core but I picked a hot pixel of the guide cam to guide on and funnily enough they trailed a tad, I didnt notice until tonight and its cloudy tonight ARRRRGH :crybaby:

I shall try and rescue the short subs and composite soon.

Please dont ask what went on at the bottom right, its too embarassing :oops:

Anyhoo even with the missing bits I am still well chuffed with this now.

I didnt think there would be much difference between the 1000D and my old 300 hutech but I have to concede, there certainly is :):lol:

Phil

post-14930-133877355276_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys. I am well impressed with this camera.

The noise and amp glow are much less than the Hutech 300. To keep amp glow down on the 300 I used to leave a minute between subs for the amp to cool but I deliberately reduced this to 25 seconds on this image with no detrimental effects.

Phil

Archived