2021-05-15 15%.... Issues resolved. :)

This happens almost every time I try and shoot daytime.  I see lots of others without my problems....  Even with an IR 807 the sky is bright and the artifacts!!  holy crap!   Uploaded is a png of the stacked file  - maybe some sharpening - can't remember.  But, you see what I have for a sky.  I did the best I could to clean it up....  but result does not look natural to me.  :(

Really a shame...  I only imaged because the forecast for seeing was ridiculously good for mid day....  and sure enough, it was.   But, I only processed this one file....  because they all look like this after stacking usually in my daytime efforts.  (also, I think it was the best anyway - the steadiest for sure - was windy)  I went with an 80% histogram....  is that the problem?  Too much gain?  Also, there was lots of wispy super thin clouds rolling through.  Often is in daytime in the warmer months.

APM 140 F7 + ZWO ASI183MM.  IR807 filter.

Here is what I had to try and fix....   and then the best I could do with it.

EDIT.....  managed to redo the stacking with no artifacts, and make it black without brushing.   LAST pic the final one.  Happy now!  :))))))

707654129_Moon_16_56_11_ZWOASI183MM_5_15052021_lapl6_ap890-450of3000-IR807-140-F7.thumb.png.42091b22c886877fe942ce7a8f41bab6.png

2137377121_Moon_16_56_11_ZWOASI183MM_5_15052021_lapl6_ap890-450of3000-IR807-140-F7-VC1VC2.thumb.jpg.bfc27ddf7b9fe0868c555f2b4199229d.jpg

Final fixed file....   :)))

46154133_Moon_16_56_11_ZWOASI183MM_5_15052021_lapl7_ap5480-450of3000-VC1VC2EX-2.thumb.jpg.1e7698e264264110c369a3b2da0ff640.jpg

Clear Skies!

Mike

Edited by WestCoastCannuck
added new version
  • Like 6

The shots i tend to take are early morning, or early evening before the sun goes down. For midday that is a cracking result Mike. Looks very good to me. I think you should feel pleased with that. Processing looks great to me on my plasma tv.

Though i guess your seeing more critically in 4 k now. Lovely result from what i can tell.

Wanted to talk to you actually Mike. I need a fairly cheap large mono chip, in a few weeks was thinking of getting the 178m (player one camera) wanted the 290m but i have that size with the colour 462. So the 178 seems to fit the wallet and spec. Read some about pattern noise. Have you experianced any. Should i trade the size of the chip for the 290 ? Really need a bigger chip. Hope you dont mind me getting your perspective on your post.

35 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

The shots i tend to take are early morning, or early evening before the sun goes down. For midday that is a cracking result Mike. Looks very good to me. I think you should feel pleased with that. Processing looks great to me on my plasma tv.

Though i guess your seeing more critically in 4 k now. Lovely result from what i can tell.

Wanted to talk to you actually Mike. I need a fairly cheap large mono chip, in a few weeks was thinking of getting the 178m (player one camera) wanted the 290m but i have that size with the colour 462. So the 178 seems to fit the wallet and spec. Read some about pattern noise. Have you experianced any. Should i trade the size of the chip for the 290 ? Really need a bigger chip. Hope you dont mind me getting your perspective on your post.

Thanks much on your thoughts on my result Neil!  Truly I am thrilled with the details I got here.   Certainly my best for mid day - I have had plenty of night times with worse results! It is the sky i had trouble with.  Had to try brushing the sky darker to hide the artifacts...  and it is very difficult to do that along the terminator and have look natural.

On your question...    (no problem  by the way!!)    I only have experience with the 290m and the 183m sorry!  Have not had issues with 290...   I think I may have had pattern noise with the 183 once or twice...  but nothing I think is a problem.   Was something extreme about my settings though I can't remember what now.  (My memory beyond bad)   178 pretty solid from what I have heard!

Cheers

Mike

1 hour ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Thanks much on your thoughts on my result Neil!  Truly I am thrilled with the details I got here.   Certainly my best for mid day - I have had plenty of night times with worse results! It is the sky i had trouble with.  Had to try brushing the sky darker to hide the artifacts...  and it is very difficult to do that along the terminator and have look natural.

On your question...    (no problem  by the way!!)    I only have experience with the 290m and the 183m sorry!  Have not had issues with 290...   I think I may have had pattern noise with the 183 once or twice...  but nothing I think is a problem.   Was something extreme about my settings though I can't remember what now.  (My memory beyond bad)   178 pretty solid from what I have heard!

Cheers

Mike

Ok apologies i thought for some reason you had used the 178. It can produce pattern noise. But i should be able to deal with it, if it does. One reason i got to hate bright sky for lunar. Is edge blending. Know exactly what you mean. Worth it on occasion though like your result here. Once again good job.

• Like 1

• WestCoastCannuck changed the title to 2021-05-15 15%.... Issues resolved. :)
3 minutes ago, Trevor N said:

That’s better than I have ever achieved during the day. As Neil said, you should be pleased with that one Mike

Thanks Trevor!!   I am pretty happy now with the last version.   Learned some new tricks.  :)))

I DID get your last email btw......   reply soon!  Imaging tonight again hopefully at sunset - heading out with the little bean for a hike right now.  :)

Cheers

Mike