Jupiter 9th May 2021

More symbolic than anything else, probably the worst shot of jupiter i have ever taken. Go easy guys try this with a wobbly EQ2 Mount, hard to even get it on screen Hope to do a lot better in a few weeks

Celestron 114 Newtonian EQ2 Mount simple RA drive.  QHY 462c 15 degrees. Its back at least. Now with the correct colour

better.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Not bad at all! what time did you have ti stay up to to get a go at it? SEB looks like a shadow of it's former self! 

Capture was around 04:01 UT. So 5 in the morning to me and you. Daylight. No polar alignment. Dec drift was horrendous i had to start at the top. Let it drift down, turn the motor off. Let it drift back up at a angle (still capturing) let it drift  back down again lol got 2 mins 30 secs out of that. Couldnt focus on detail could hardly see any. So used the moons. Then as it got brighter couldnt see them either. So fun times he he. But i have waited years for this moment. So symbolic indeed Craig. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

If that's the worst image of it you have taken then there's certainly no need to ask us to go steady on you, and an EQ2 mount that's pretty remarkable 🙂 

Why the smaller mount by the way ? 

Steve

Waiting for Flo to deliver a EQ5 Steve. Pandemic and all. Btw saw zep at knebworth

• 2 weeks later...