Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cygnus widefield in HaRGB

With the summer quickly approaching and with Cygnus making its way back into the night sky, I went over some data captured 2 years ago.

For the RGB I used a full spectrum modified Canon 600D with an IDAS LPS-D1 CLIP filter and for the Ha, the astromodified Canon 700D with a Astronomik 6nm Ha clip in filter and for both I used the cheap nifty fifty, canon 50mm f1.8 @ f4.

RGB - 10x600sec ISO800 shot in Eversley, Bortle 4
Ha - 36x300sec ISO1600 shot in my back garden, Bortle 6

The cameras were mounted on a eq3 Pro mount and guided by PHD2

Thanks for looking!

Emil

WebExport_2048px_Cygnus-50mm-HaRGB.png.thumb.png.8efb3a9b441a0768a2794a1590b7f24f.png

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Wow! impressive guiding for this "budget" mount. I must tune mine and start using it more for widefield imaging.

I only reduced the backlash, replaced the tripod with a stainless steel one and put a losmandy saddle on it. I'm extremely happy with its performance, sometimes running better than my eq6. 600sec at 420mm are not difficult at all, too bad the light pollution doesn't really permit it. 

Emil

• Like 1