Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ever heard of Wamsuv electronics?

I found this retailer online who has the Celestron 9.25 in stock and is selling it below MSRP.  They are located in Indonesia and shipping to the US only seems to be $100.  Since this particular model is sold out absolutely everywhere I stumbled across this and was so excited to say "is this FINALLY the day I can pull the trigger?" and then the red flag warning went up in my head.  I can't find any social media presence for this vendor, I can't find any online reviews or much of anything else really.  There is a telephone # posted on the site (haven't called it) so that's good I suppose and their FAQ section is rather extensive and looks and sounds on the up and up.

I cannot for the life of me decide on what to do.  I feel like this is a "too good to be true" situation, that's what my gut tells me...but man I do want this telescope and this is the only place I can find it.  Has anyone else here ever heard of this retailer?  Looking for some peace of mind as to their reputability.  Thank you!

https://wamsuv.com/product/celestron-9-25-nexstar-evolution-computerized-telescope-12092/

This is not the only model with the “sold out” tag around the world. There is a lack of stock in many models of many brands.

IMHO: I wouldn’t trust. I’d look for a local dealer (at least in your country) or for a well-known international one. 

When I "Googled" reviews of the establishment, I saw this right off the bat...

"Did you mean: 'Samsung' Electronics reviews"

It's a shame B&H Photo doesn't have an "Add to Cart" button for it...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1605873-REG/celestron_12092_1_nexstar_evoution_9_25_telescope.html

I may be wrong, but I think this is the first time Celestron has offered their 9.25" on the "Evolution" mount.

I was wrong, as it's been available since at least 2015.

Don't order it from Amazon, Adorama, Focus Camera, et al.  High Point Scientific is good.

Edited by Alan64

14 hours ago, Alan64 said:

When I "Googled" reviews of the establishment, I saw this right off the bat...

"Did you mean: 'Samsung' Electronics reviews"

It's a shame B&H Photo doesn't have an "Add to Cart" button for it...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1605873-REG/celestron_12092_1_nexstar_evoution_9_25_telescope.html

I may be wrong, but I think this is the first time Celestron has offered their 9.25" on the "Evolution" mount.

I was wrong, as it's been available since at least 2015.

Don't order it from Amazon, Adorama, Focus Camera, et al.  High Point Scientific is good.

Thank you for the information.  I see Adorama, Focus etc on the list of preferred dealers on Celestron's site...is there a reason not to use them?

16 hours ago, Maideneer said:

Thank you for the information.  I see Adorama, Focus etc on the list of preferred dealers on Celestron's site...is there a reason not to use them?

Celestron loves any vendor who carries and advertises their products.  Read reviews of the ones in question before deciding, is all.

On 04/05/2021 at 22:47, Maideneer said:

I feel like this is a "too good to be true" situation

Me too!
I ran a "whois wamsuv.com" and it turns out their website was created on 16-Feb-2021

Personally, I'd walk away. However if you are in a position to go to the company, check over the product and take it away there and then, that might be a different matter.

11 hours ago, pete_l said:

Me too!
I ran a "whois wamsuv.com" and it turns out their website was created on 16-Feb-2021

Personally, I'd walk away. However if you are in a position to go to the company, check over the product and take it away there and then, that might be a different matter.

Thanks that's really good info.  I'm going to pass on it because it's suspicious.  I have to say though...with absolutely EVERYTHING being out of stock everywhere I look it's incredibly frustrating and almost makes me want to throw my hands up in the air and just say forget all of this.  It's such a downer some days and makes a newbie like me want to just throw in the towel, I'm sure that's an overreaction on my part but I can't help it.

Hang in there Maideneer, I see stock levels are starting to slowly rise.

I have noted that the stock system at FLO seems always to be very accurate and I have been always been able to trust it.

When placing orders, be careful of other sites which don’t always update in real time, always check by email before ordering.

Also research and decide what you want and order that when it comes into stock as it surely will eventually.

Dont buy something you don’t really want just as its in stock.

Good luck and enjoy this hobby.👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Maideneer said:

makes a newbie like me want to just throw in the towel, I'm sure that's an overreaction on my part but I can't help it.

Now you have the perfect opportunity to plan and build that roll on/off roof observatory 👌 When you get that first look at the moon, then a planet, then a galaxy, trust me, the wait will be more than worthwhile 

• Like 1

On 06/05/2021 at 13:36, Andy ES said:

Hang in there Maideneer, I see stock levels are starting to slowly rise.

I have noted that the stock system at FLO seems always to be very accurate and I have been always been able to trust it.

When placing orders, be careful of other sites which don’t always update in real time, always check by email before ordering.

Also research and decide what you want and order that when it comes into stock as it surely will eventually.

Dont buy something you don’t really want just as its in stock.

Good luck and enjoy this hobby.👍

Appreciate the sentiment here.  I wish the stock levels would rise over here...I'm seeing items not expected to come in until August 2022 which is just shocking to me.  Makes me sad (and irritated!).

• Like 1