Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron GOTO On the fly

When I’m having a jolly about the sky Ive noticed after about 6 targets the GOTO is not accurate. Is there a way of updating on the fly so to speak?.

This was the case with my Meade GOTO. At any time I could centralize the subject then press ALIGN and it would register and this would have a tweaking effect for maybe another few targets.

Ive read the celestron manual over but I wonder if I missed something?

Yes you can do it Coco. I assume you have the latest version of the handset software (if not download it from the celestron site). Here's the handbook for the latest software http://www.nexstarsite.com/download/manuals/NexStarHandControlVersion4UsersGuide.zip look on page 6 as it explains the 3 options you have. The nexstarsite.com is brilliant for all such things, a real mine of information. And Michael Swanson who runs it is always willing to help too :(

Helen

Another good site is the Celestron_AS Yahoo Group.

Goto's that become progressively worse over the course of an evening are often caused by alignments using stars that aren't sufficiently far apart in RA and Dec. If I was able to get three good stars, or in the case of my CG5, two stars and four alignment then the goto's stayed pretty good all night long.

James

Archived