Manual guiding does not work in phd2

Hello, 

I'm using phd2 guiding with an asi 120mm mini connected to my laptop via USB.. I have eq6r mount which is also connected via USB.. When I connect everything the mount can be controlled via the eqmod interface.. It slews in all directions.. However, when I connect to phd2 and try manual guiding to check if commands are going to the mount nothing happens in any direction.. I have the setting at 5000ms..i don't hear any movement from the mount and have had a look at the motors but they do not turn even when holding the direction button for minutes!! What am I doing wrong here? 

Please help as this is driving me crazy.. Thanks in advance 

It's probably an overlooked setting somewhere. When you connect PHD2 to your camera and mount what do you have in the connection options? and do you see an image through your guide camera/scope?

It should look something like this.

phd2.jpg.c2c4a859fb79db39e8369c11c42280c9.jpg

You want the mount connected as above.  Your camera will have something like ASI Camera (1) ASCOM (You will need the ASCOM driver installed)

2 hours ago, Jamgood said:

It's probably an overlooked setting somewhere. When you connect PHD2 to your camera and mount what do you have in the connection options? and do you see an image through your guide camera/scope?

It should look something like this.

phd2.jpg.c2c4a859fb79db39e8369c11c42280c9.jpg

You want the mount connected as above.  Your camera will have something like ASI Camera (1) ASCOM (You will need the ASCOM driver installed)

I get an image through the guide camera and I can get the guiding to work.. Its just when I do the initial setup I get hardly any movement when going south.. The star just remains roughly where it started (the end of the North step) 

On 03/05/2021 at 01:03, Sajjad said:

they do not turn even when holding the direction button for minutes!!

Have you read the PHD2 Manual, particularly how to use Manual Guide ?

https://openphdguiding.org/manual/?section=Tools.htm#Manual_Guide

Each press of a Manual Guide button sends a 5000ms pulse in your case.

Holding it down doesn't send any more pulses !

Particularly when trying north or south, it may take several presses before the guidestar moves, because of Dec Backlash.

You mention EQMOD, you might not have set the Pulseguide setting higher than the stupid 0.1 default.

That setting will mean PHD2 is sending much much smaller pulses than 5000ms would send with a correct EQMOD setting.

Michael