Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

pix insight help discolouring leo triplet

Hi all need a lot of advice please added screenshot of the leo triplet but is discoloured,so far ive used weighted batchpreprocessing with darks flats bias then dbe then done a rgb combination but the resulting image is discoloured ,i know ive took a shortcut but what would you do next thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3g3c12jfpqg8x2/Screenshot 2021-04-08 14.58.27.png?dl=0

Edited by iwols

1 hour ago, iwols said:

so far ive used weighted batchpreprocessing with darks flats bias then dbe then done a rgb combination

I'm no PI expert but before doing DBE or ABE I would:

• use StarAlignment to ensure all the components are aligned and registered
  • use DynamicCrop to ensure all edge artefacts are removed.
  • use ABE with Subtraction
  • use BackgroundNeutralization to try to 'even up' the background space followed by ColourCalibration
  • create a CIE-L mask to focus on the background and use MLT to reduce noise only in the background
  • use HT for an initial incremental stretch (with the mask removed)
  • use MLT (less aggressive) with a new CIE-L mask for further background noise reduction
  • use ACDNR with the same mask to focus on the background to further remove noise.

After all that you should have something to allow you move forward on the galaxies themselves to bring out the detail and colours, again with suitable masks.

I have used the LightVortex tutorials and found them very helpful.

HTH

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline
Clarification
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Adreneline said:

I'm no PI expert but before doing DBE or ABE I would:

• use StarAlignment to ensure all the components are aligned and registered
  • use DynamicCrop to ensure all edge artefacts are removed.
  • use ABE with Subtraction
  • use BackgroundNeutralization to try to 'even up' the background space followed by ColourCalibration
  • create a CIE-L mask to focus on the background and use MLT to reduce noise only in the background
  • use HT for an initial incremental stretch (with the mask removed)
  • use MLT (less aggressive) with a new CIE-L mask for further background noise reduction
  • use ACDNR with the same mask to focus on the background to further remove noise.

After all that you should have something to allow you move forward on the galaxies themselves to bring out the detail and colours, again with suitable masks.

I have used the LightVortex tutorials and found them very helpful.

HTH

Adrian

at what point do you do the rgb combination plz

24 minutes ago, iwols said:

at what point do you do the rgb combination plz

Sorry - forgot that. For RGB I understand it is best to combine whilst still linear, whereas for narrowband I have found it's best to combine once stretched.