NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A brand new Sky-watcher

Hello "Vienna2!" and welcome to Stargazers Lounge Astronomical Forum.

Yes, as the others have said - the Skywatcher Skymax 102 is indeed a lovely scope. I have the smaller 90mm version, and it too is a nice instrument.

You will I'm sure, enjoy your 102mm. Especially during the summer months when the weather will be more favourable for longer observing sessions!

(If you don't already know, you can use your 102 for viewing terrestrial objects (bird watching etc)).

Best wishes,

philsail1

I'd heartily recommend the book 'Turn Left at Orion' as your next purchase. I gives comprehensive guides on finding 100 of the best night sky objects for smaller telescopes (and although your 'scope is a bit bigger than what they wrote the book for it just means you'll see things slightly better than it says you will!) oh and a woolly hat :(

regards,

Alex

The "Turn left at Orion" book is as good as everybody says, well worth the money. Not only will it give you lots of targets for your scope, but you will be able to read it for the next few weeks which will inevitably be cloudy :( .

Some good planetarium software would be good to take a look at as well. I recommend "Cartes du Ciel".

Enjoy!

Although it turned a bit cloudy that was great.

3 of us went just outside Vienna and got some great views of the moon. We checked out the "thing" on orion, Mark posted the link to in the second post and we had a look at Sirius.

Wooly hats, gloves, thermals, my god that was cold but so much fun.

That book is now ordered.

V" :(

Archived