Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC417 The Spider and the Fly Nebulae

carastro

Imaged from SE London Bortle 8 during the full Moon as was fed up with not having done any imaging for ages due to rubbish skies.  Also wanted to try to get something before all the Nebulae finally give way to Galaxy season.  It always seems to be clear when there is a full Moon!!!!  So it is still a bit noisy.

Imaged over 2 nights, Monday and Tuesday this week. I did take some Oiii and Sii as well but they did not enhance the image (Maybe better skies would have), plus I had to throw away quite a few of the RGB because of heavy gradients due to the Moon and the target was getting into the London Sky glow. 

I imaged this target once before - 3 years ago with my SW130PDS, but did not get the Fly in that image.  I see I had the same problem with Oiii and Sii then. 

Orientated this way I can finally see why they call this the Spider and the Fly.

Skywatcher Esprit100 and Atik460EX Baader filters (Ha is 3.5nm)
HaRGB
Ha 23 x 600 (3h 50m)
Red 6 x 200 & 4 x 150 binned (30m)
Green 5 x 200 & 3 x 150 binned (24m)
Blue 6 x 200 & 4 x 150 (30m)

Total usable imaging time 5 hours 14 mins

spacer.png

• Like 18