Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

[Solved] HELP: APT with PHD2 not dithering

Hello everyone,

I recently had to factory reset my laptop and obviously after reinstalling my astro software some problems have come up: the dithering function doesn't work anymore! I set up the sequence in APT, with the dithering functionality activated. When the first image is acquired, APT correctly sends the dithering input to phd2 (the status in APT says "dithering"), but PHD2 enter a "paused" state, from which it never recovers, unless you restart it. Any idea?

thanks 

Edited by micovn

• micovn changed the title to HELP: APT with PHD2 not dithering

Last night I was using the latest development of PHD2 (dev 4) and am APT, and PHD kept going into PAUSE mode, and I couldnt get it to unpause and start guiding.  I eventually turned off dithering and I was able to maintain PHD2 guiding.  First time I've experienced this, but also first time using the latest PHD verson. 

Hello thanks everyone for the replies! So, in the end I solved the issue. The problem is very easy to fix, just set up the right port for the PHD2 sever in the APT settings. For some weird reason the default port is 4300 but the right one is 4400. After I changed the port everything worked flawlessly! 

• micovn changed the title to [Solved] HELP: APT with PHD2 not dithering
6 minutes ago, micovn said:

Hello thanks everyone for the replies! So, in the end I solved the issue. The problem is very easy to fix, just set up the right port for the PHD2 sever in the APT settings. For some weird reason the default port is 4300 but the right one is 4400. After I changed the port everything worked flawlessly! 

Did you do a restart of PHD2 after that?  I tried this last night and it didnt appear to work.

23 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Did you do a restart of PHD2 after that?  I tried this last night and it didnt appear to work.

Nope, just updated the port in APT settings, force a PHD2 calibration and dithering was working again

image.thumb.png.c2936334fb88b976ba6dc0666d2bd09e.png

• Thanks 1