NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik 314E - anyone know the bayer pattern?

rnobleeddy

Realize this is a super old camera but wondering if anyone knows the bayer pattern? 

I mainly got it as a guide cam but as it was about the correct FOV for some galaxies I decided to try it out for imaging,

I'm using it with Indi/Ekos which reports it as RGGB but this looks awful. One of the other early 314 models was (apparently) GRGB which is better, but I'm still convinced about. 

Obviously there's not a lot to try, but it's one of those situations (not enough in poor conditions) where I probably won't be able to tell from the image itself :(

According to the Sony datasheet for the ICX205 it looks to me as though it should be GBRG.

You could always try imaging something during the day.  That might help you recognise when the colours are correct.  My experience is that two of the four possibilities look immediately obviously wrong whilst the other two may be harder to work out.

James

Thanks - just to follow up in case someone finds this in future:

https://forums.atik-cameras.com/index.php?topic=329.0 has a decent looking dumbbell using GRBG (and the red is in the right place) but I concur with @JamesF the the manual says GBRG. 

Either way, the G's are in the right place - those two both look possible, but the other two look awful. I've up given up on the data I collected on M101 but I'd also grabbed a few subs on M13 if has an eye for color. This was the best 25x30s frames from a cloudy night processed as GRBG processed super quickly- so all things considered, the 15 year old camera is doing OK!

image.thumb.png.d0f2154054637a752b6e094283fcc3f0.png

I'm leaning towards GRBG , but if I definitively work out the correct bayer matrix in daylight, I'll update. 

Edited by rnobleeddy