Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DIY North Azimuth Pin/post/peg

Newforestgimp

I used a stainless steel bolt , cut it down to the correct height with angle grinder disc (ie remove the hex head) , after test fitting it and marking the height.

Get one that is part threaded so the "pin" part is just flat sided not with a thread.

Again fit and check where it grounds out , mark the sides where you need a flat edge then remove and grind a flat edge to it.

Finally to make it easy to fit and remove I used a thin disc to cut a screwdriver slot across the headless bolt.

Cleaned up the sharp edges , and voila done.

Only a few pence for the bolt , ok maybe £1 for stainless , and a short bit of diy.

• Like 1

I interpreted fifeskies post to mean he used a plain shank bolt which was then whittled with an angle grinder to give the flat and a slot to unscrew it. A plain shank bolt should be cheap - they're probably the second-most common type of bolt.

• Like 1